Key credentials of SQC Architects include:
SQCA and TPR staff qualifications include:
- 5x registered architects, 4x qualified to Masters level
- 2x graduate architects
- 4x architectural technicians, qualified to min Grad Dip level and 3x currently studying architecture
- 4x interiors designers to bachelor level
- Team training re: Working with vulnerable people, Working at Heights, WHS Construction, Hazardous Materials
- Cert IV access consulting
- Masters in heritage
Please refer to Our People for individual qualifications.
Practice qualifications include:
- registration to practice architecture in ACT, NSW, Qld, SA and Victoria
- prequalification with ACT and NSW Governments
- architectural panel members of:Dept. of Immigration and CitizenshipDept. of Parliamentary ServicesNational Capital AuthorityAustralian War Memorial
- Cushman & Wakefield (on behalf of numerous commonwealth Departments)
third party quality assured to AS/NZ ISO 9001
The practice maintains professional associations as follows:
- Australian Institute of Architects (AIA): A+ members
- Association of Consulting Architects NSW & ACT (ACA)
- Design Institute of Australia (DIA): Design Practice Member
- Learning Environments Australia (LEA)
Individual membership is also retained with:
- Green Building Council Australia, Green Star Accredited Professional
- Association of Consultants in Access Australia
The professional experience of the partners at SQCA ranges from 23-33 years. The extensive experience of the practice and portfolio of our work has accumulated over 22 years creating a very substantial understanding of many project types and sizes.
- experience in the successful design and development of public and community facilities, both for the non-profit and private sectors, including throughout NSW and the ACT including requirements for high levels of consultation
- successful management of project cost, programme and quality performance requirements\
- effective working relationships with a range of specialist consultants and builders throughout the ACT
- experience with projects up to $40m value from master planning through construction
Please refer to Our Projects for more details.
Our team includes substantial experience across 17 design professionals, technicians and administrative support staff. Other contract support is included from time to time as required. This capacity is directed toward each project to suit the brief and program expectations.
Please refer to Our People for more details of each team member, including their experience and qualifications.
The Practice carries professional insurances to meet legislative requirements and to the level appropriate for each project.
Our CAD operating system is Revit Architecture operating off a Windows platform. We also use AutoCAD where appropriate. Complementing these programs, we utilise an extensive suite of graphics, administration and financial software.
SQCA regularly invests in maintaining our technology to current standards and training our staff in their effective use.
Richard Small & Phil Quinton Architects Pty Ltd
AbN: 83 074 611 215